We are seeking to appoint an Esports Technician to provide support for the Esports Department and Queen Mary’s Leisure. This is a growing department with a teaching team of 7 currently. The Department runs courses that cover a number of specialisms, including game design, video editing, social media briefs and creating your own LAN events. We also run several different enrichments activities and have several teams compete nationally.
The department has excellent facilities, including two esports arenas, shout casting rooms, a yoga room and a separate PC room to run game design and moving image editing software; the department is also supported external businesses and is well equipped from global brands.
The ideal applicant for this role is someone who enjoys technical tasks and can demonstrate energy, common sense and enthusiasm whilst working in a fast-paced environment. The role requires a positive ‘can-do’ attitude, a good and appropriate sense of humour and the ability to work flexibly. The suitable applicant will be someone who understands the ethos of the College and has a strong sense of resilience to work with both staff and students in a large and varied department.
You will be able to demonstrate:
• Good organisational skills e.g. coordinating fixtures and external bookings.
• A willingness to learn specific software like GG Circuit, Adobe Cloud and Canva.
• A willingness to help maintain the equipment and facilities in the esports building.
• A methodical approach to tasks e.g. to organise and coordinate the esports storage cupboards with an updated inventory; logistics of the weekly BEA games.
• A professional and technically supportive approach to students and staff.
• Flexibility, patience and resourcefulness.
• Basic DIY skills and a willingness to undertake first line mechanical servicing e.g. digital cameras, peripherals and software updates (where possible, training will be provided).
• A willingness to participate in the lifting of heavy loads and the use of ladders, e.g. for hanging work in display areas (with training).
• The technical ability to guide and advise students in the creative use of all departmental equipment/software (where possible training will be provided).
• Strong communication skills and an enjoyment of team work.
• An ability to take responsibility, show initiative and solve problems with minimum supervision.
• Experience in online marketing and social media e.g. Discord.
• Excellent spelling, grammar, and written communication skills, attention to detail and ability to proofread
• A professional approach to supporting QML and QMC social media marketing activities.
Accountable to: Director of Esports
• To keep a record of equipment and consumable resources which logs the movement, status and repair of equipment and materials within the Department
• Installation, maintenance, and support of all Esports computer systems, hardware and software (in liaison with the IT Support Team)
• Assisting with operational support and upkeep in all Esports rooms with IT equipment, logging of user enquiries and fault notification, and other duties as requested
• Regular e-marketing and facilities/events promotion via social media e.g. arranging scrims via Discord
• Communicating effectively and appropriately with internal and external customers, representing Queen Mary's College in a professional manner
• Maintaining and further developing the strong brand and reputation of QMC Esports and QM Samurai and Queen Mary’s Leisure (QML)
• To model an expectation of respect through sensible, economical use of materials, equipment and resources
• To assist in the ordering and checking-in of deliveries of consumable stock and maintaining an accurate overview of its quantity, availability and storage
• To prepare the teaching spaces for classes and external bookings
• Deliver practical workshops (where relevant) to staff and students
• To keep the areas and equipment clean and tidy and to encourage the students to observe good working practices in all areas
• To comply with Health and Safety policies and procedures and assist in ensuring that good Health and Safety practices are followed across the department
• To assist teaching staff in exhibiting student work within college, including open evenings
• To carry out such other duties as the Principal may reasonably require
Based on Sixth Form Colleges Scale point 3, currently £20,025 per annum, prorated to
Term-time working, this is approximately £18,280.30 per annum.
37 hours a week Monday to Friday, usually worked office hours but adapted to ensure lieu is taken and business needs are met. Two paid additional weeks are included in the contract.
All holiday is paid and taken during College holidays.
Other Terms of
This is a term-time, fixed-term contract initially to meet the needs of the business, 1st March 2023 to 31st August 2024.
Queen Mary's College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.