Animal Centre Manager
Reference: SCCG2381 | Closing Date: 29/05/2022 | Interview Date: Week Commencing 06/06/2022
Salary: £27,825-£31,255. Incremental progression throughout the band is available.
Contract Type: Permanent | Hours per Week: 37 | Location: Chatsworth Road, M30 9FJ
About the Role
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic individual to join this successful and highly motivated department at Eccles Sixth Form College as an Animal Centre Manager. This is an exciting time to join the Life Sciences Department at Eccles Sixth Form College, as we develop our already extensive animal collection.
As Animal Centre Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the high standards within our animal centre are met, line manage staff within the animal centre department, meet budget requirements, and ensure the curriculum needs of the animal care department are met within the animal centre.
The successful candidate will be a dedicated, enthusiastic, and self-motivated person with a passion for animal welfare and supporting the learning of students in a college environment. The successful candidate will be confident in the welfare, husbandry, and handling of a range of animals, from small mammals and reptiles to livestock and exotics. This role requires a calm working approach, the ability to multi-task and be responsive to change, and flexibility and commitment as weekend work may be required.
Reason to Join Us:
- Generous annual leave entitlement – 32 days plus Bank Holidays
- Enrolment to the Local Government Pension Scheme with generous employer pension contributions
- A range of developmental & career opportunities including a dedicated hour per week for CPD
- Staff Benefits Package with the best discounts and savings for high-street retailers, holidays and cinemas
- Various health & wellbeing benefits including discounted gym memberships, confidential staff counselling and health cash plans
- Dedicated staff wellbeing days throughout the year
- Family Friendly & Flexible Working Policies
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees
The College strives to be a diverse and inclusive community and welcomes applications from people from all backgrounds.
Eccles Sixth Form College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.