Reference: SCCG2408 | Closing Date: 06/06/2022 | Interview Date: w/c 20/06/2022
Salary: £18,526 - £19,526 (Pro rata salary £16,420 - £17,306). Incremental progression throughout the band is available
Contract Type: Permanent, Term Time Only | Hours per Week: 37 | Location: Dakota Avenue, Salford, M50 2PU
An exciting opportunity has arisen at FutureSkills College at MediaCityUK for a position as a Media Technician.
The main focus for this role is to support teachers and students produce high quality practical TV, Radio and Photography work.
You will be working within media production studios as well as classrooms, to run technical production workshops, train students and trouble shoot during student production sessions. The successful candidate will have excellent knowledge of the Adobe CC Suite and Myriad. Previous experience of working in a TV Studio environment, video editing and photography is essential.
In addition, the role will comprise of; stock taking and ordering equipment, maintaining media production kit, coordinating equipment bookings, overseeing and producing content for the department’s social media platforms, promotional videos and podcasts.
We are a growing department and are looking for a friendly, enthusiastic and innovative team player.
Reason to Join Us:
- Enrolment to the Local Government Pension Scheme with generous employer pension contributions
- A range of developmental & career opportunities including a dedicated hour per week for CPD
- Staff Benefits Package with the best discounts and savings for high-street retailers, holidays and cinemas
- Various health & wellbeing benefits including discounted gym memberships, confidential staff counselling and health cash plans
- Dedicated staff wellbeing days throughout the year
- Family Friendly & Flexible Working Policies
- 3pm finish on Fridays
Commitment to Safeguarding
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees.
The College strives to be a diverse and inclusive community and welcomes applications from people from all backgrounds.
FutureSkills at MediaCityUK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.