Aims of Job/Job Purpose
The main responsibility of the post holder will be to ensure that the Admissions team provides a quality service to potential students and internal and external customers.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Admissions Manager, you will be a member of the team which provides students with high quality support in the processing of their application to study at South and City College Birmingham. Working closely with the Curriculum teams in your allocated Division, you will support systems for collecting and updating course information, responding to course enquiries, and tracking student applications from receipt to an offer of a course place.
With a strong focus on customer service you will be equipped to assist students with any student information related enquiries, taking ownership of issues as they arise. In the first instance you will be expected to:
• Take telephone applications for agreed courses to assist students in accessing the college admission process.
• Assist with the maintenance of a database of current and accurate information on courses for your allocated Division on CMF.
• Advise students on appropriateness of courses / programmes
• Complete the initial screening of application forms, referring students to further Advice and Guidance services as appropriate.
• Ensure that all enquiries and applications are monitored and tracked within the Student Records System.
• Assist with organising mail shots and other publicity campaigns
• Attend and assist at Open Days and events
• Attend meetings at the request of your line manager to ensure efficient communication with the college
• Undertake any training or updating necessary in your field, and engage in organisationally required CPD (Continuous Professional Development).
• Participate in the development of equal opportunities, diversity and inclusion.
• Be a member of college groups as and when required.
• Undertake any other duties within the grade as required by the college.
• Have a clean driving licence, this would be advantageous.
• Adhere to the college’s health and safety policy.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. South & City College Birmingham is an equal opportunities employer. All posts within the College are subject to Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate