1. To assist the Marketing Manager and other members of the marketing team with projects (e.g. events and campaigns).
2. To assist the Digital Marketing Coordinator with the college social media channels.
3. To assist the team with general admin duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support the marketing team with planning, implementing, and monitoring marketing campaigns both off and online.
• To work with the Marketing Manager and other members of the team to ensure all events are adequately supported (e.g. Open Days, community events, departmental celebrations, launches etc). This will require working across all campuses as well as occasional evening and weekend work.
• Research, write and proofread copy for different platforms such as social media, website, email and print.
• To work with the Digital Marketing Coordinator to deliver and monitor social media activity, including scheduling posts on Hootsuite, with a particular focus on TikTok, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. This will involve liaising with curriculum departments and students.
• To monitor social media engagement and liaise with colleagues in Customer Service to respond to questions / posts / reviews promptly and correctly.
• To proactively review, maintain and develop the content of webpages.
• To support the Digital Marketing Coordinator in evaluating data and creating reports on key metrics in order to monitor campaign efficiency and analyse trends.
• Use graphic and video software to develop video and graphics for social media.
• To produce and monitor email campaigns using email systems such as Mailchimp.
• To work with the graphic designer and external photographers to arrange photography shoots as and when required and manage photo consent form procedures in line with GDPR.
• To work with the graphic designer to produce promotional materials such as FYI, the college magazine, prospectuses and leaflets.
• To provide general administrative support to the marketing team including co-ordinating entries into various publications, directories and databases, monitoring the marketing email inbox and monitoring Spiceworks, the marketing job request system.
1. To work to ensure continuous quality improvement and service excellence.
2. Undertake such duties as may be required commensurate with the level of responsibility and nature of the job in discussion with your line manager.
3. The post holder may be required to undertake occasional evening and weekend work.
4. The post holder will be required to work across all college campuses as required.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIS
a) Comply with internal and external quality standards and contribute to the College’s strategic aims.
b) Comply with college policies, procedures, and health and safety regulations.
c) Support the safeguarding and promotion of students’ welfare.
d) Maintain confidentiality in relation to all College information and to comply with Data Protection Legislation.
e) Participate in the College’s Appraisal scheme and undertake any training as required.
f) Support and actively participate in the implementation of the College’s Equal Opportunity policies.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. South & City College Birmingham is an equal opportunities employer. All posts within the College are subject to Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate