Lead us to a bright new future
Vice Principal: Curriculum and Quality (ref: 4EXE002)
West Thames College
Permanent/36 hours per week
Exciting opportunity to join the outstanding leadership team at West Thames and accelerate innovation in teaching, learning and achievement across all levels of technical, professional and work-based learning. Reporting directly to our Principal, we are looking for an ambitious leader to extend the exceptional opportunities we provide for our students.
We are looking for a dynamic candidate to meet the expectations of this curriculum and quality role with an unrelenting drive for achieving excellence in teaching, learning and assessment and student outcomes. You will need to possess the right skills and experience to really make an impact from the start.
We are a values-based and highly inclusive college, serving a vibrant and diverse area, and making a positive contribution to wider social and economic agendas. We offer courses from pre-entry through to Higher Education as well as Apprenticeship programmes to meet the skills needs of our students aged 14 upwards.
The successful candidate will have an ability to maintain and develop our values of high standards and high expectations, be an exceptional leader who can demonstrate passion, integrity and a strong track record of achievement. This is an outstanding and unique opportunity for an inspirational leader. If you have the drive, the ambition and the skills to lead us forward through the exciting challenges that lie ahead, we want to hear from you.
Be part of our bright new future
West Thames College is one of the most exciting and successful colleges of further and higher education in London and our vibrant campuses in Isleworth and Feltham have some of the best facilities in the country. Our vision is clear, we want to be outstanding in everything we do. It’s a great place to work and a great time to join us.
Overall purpose of the job:
• To provide strategic leadership to the College curriculum in line with the College values and principles, and ensure that our provision responds to learners’ needs while addressing Government priorities and continuing to improve quality.
• To provide strategic leadership on the quality of teaching, learning and assessment to ensure that the quality is outstanding.
• To support the work of the ED Funding and Finance to drive up performance and standards.
• To work closely with the ED Performance, Development and Student Experience to ensure the College has an effective employer engagement and Apprenticeship strategy, in order to meet its strategic objectives.
• To lead on curriculum administration ensuring that this function effectively supports the work of the Curriculum Directorates.
For more information about how to apply and to request the full application pack, please see the full advert and job description attached.
West Thames College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.