Salary: £25,419 FTE, actual salary £23,102
Hours: 37 per week, term time only plus an additional 2 weeks during August
Required from September 2022 to support the NBP16 team at the Charnwood Centre. The North Bristol Post 16 Centre is jointly managed by two schools in north Bristol, Cotham School and Redland Green School. The Centre is now well established and is oversubscribed, specialising in predominately level 3 qualifications, which results in over 90% of our students applying to Higher Education.
We wish to recruit an Academic Mentor to be based at the Cotham Learning Community. This is on a one year fixed term contract until July 2023. The aim of this post is to continue to develop and support high quality academic mentoring within the Post 16 Centre. We are keen to develop life-long learners, and feel that this post will ensure that every one of our students is able to achieve their very best. We are also keen to develop our enrichment programme across the centre with the view to providing opportunities outside of the curriculum.
• The opportunity to join the staff team at this high attaining, successful and oversubscribed school
• A committed and enthusiastic staff group
• Exciting opportunities for personal and professional development
Cotham School is an extremely successful specialist co-operative academy that serves the local community, providing a high quality education for its students. We consistently deliver outstanding academic outcomes, amongst the best in the city and are determined to raise standards even further.
Cotham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will need to be DBS checked.
Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, age or disability. We actively encourage applicants from under represented groups.
Cotham School is a great place to work. We’re a fantastic friendly team, proud of what we achieve and looking forward to welcoming new people to share in our achievements. Join us and you’ll receive a wide range of employee benefits including:
• a generous holiday allowance for support staff of 24 days, rising to 29 with service
• excellent work life balance with term time working arrangements
• excellent defined benefit pension schemes (Local government or teachers pension scheme)
• access to employee assistance programme and counselling sessions
• ongoing learning and development opportunities and access to the school CPD library
• at least 5 inset (training) days per annum with the provision of free onsite drinks and meals
• comprehensive induction process
• competitive salaries which are reviewed annually
• family friendly policies and wellbeing support initiatives
• savings on purchases via smart hive employee benefits platform
• reduced price access to gyms and health sessions
• access to staff sports
• option to participate in the cycle to work scheme
• on site free car parking (when available)
• access to discounted dental and health care schemes, plus free eye tests and free annual flu jab
Closing date: 8 June 2022
Interview date: 15 June 2022
Cotham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All offers of appointment are conditional on the following:
• Enhanced DBS check
• Satisfactory completion of a Staff Disqualification Declaration form
• Confirmation that you are not subject to either a Prohibition Order or Interim Prohibition Order
• The receipt of at least 2 satisfactory references
• Verification of identity
• Verification of medical fitness
• Verification of qualifications
• Verification of QTS where required
• Verification that they are legally able to work in UK