Salary: £18,354 - £20,055
Contract: full time, permanent
Location: Base centre to be agreed, but with regular travel between all College centres
There’s never been a better time to join the fantastic team here at City of Bristol College, with recent investment in our already outstanding teaching facilities the College has a great deal on offer for both staff and students. We have an exciting new opportunity for an organised and conscientious Administrative Assistant to work within the Student Services and Admissions team on a full time, permanent basis (37 hours per week).
You will provide support to the Student Services and Admissions functions in to enable the effective delivery of the function’s objects, this includes acting as a Clerk at key meetings internally and externally, liaising with key partners and stakeholders and acting as the first point of contact for the function. Your role will also include assisting with the coordination of tasks, communication, meetings and events as required.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for someone who is qualified to Level 3 in Business Administration (or other similar qualification), and has previous experience of diary management and working in a busy administrative environment. Knowledge or experience of working in the FE or HE sector is desired, but not essential.
What we offer:
- A generous holiday entitlement of 26 holiday days (plus bank holidays and 8 closure days)
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 16.1 %
- Up to 30% off courses with the University of the West of England
- Great discounts on hair and beauty treatments offered on site
- Family-friendly policies including flexible working, compassionate leave, maternity, paternity and adoption leave, parental leave and job share
- Excellent facilities including study centres, City Salon, multi-faith prayer rooms, bike storage, City Restaurant (situated at College Green and at SBSA), refectories
- Cycle to work scheme
- A variety of online shopping discounts and offers and cash health plan
- Plus a supportive package to ensure continuous professional development.
At City of Bristol College, we have one goal: to help our students succeed. We offer the widest range of academic and vocational qualifications in the area, with more than 1,000 courses available from entry to degree level. We provide education and training to approximately 12,000 students each year. The College is made up of five centres across Bristol and each centre offers excellent, well-equipped, purpose-built facilities. In addition, we have a wide range of community partners allowing us to offer courses in venues across the city. More information about the College can be found on our website.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found on the College website.
Please see our Job Description, Person Specification, Conditions of Service and Applicant information for more information.
Closing date: Tuesday 24th August 2021 (midnight)
Interview date: Friday 3rd September 2021
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.