Part Time Adult and Child Care Tutor (Employability) – £27.54 per hour from September
We are looking for an experienced and qualified Adult and Child Care tutor to deliver and assess Adult and Child Care qualifications at Level 1 to a range of adult learners (19+) from in and around London. These qualifications will provide learners with the skills and knowledge that they require to enable them to secure sustainable employment within the sector. You will be responsible for providing teaching, learning and assessment across our provision with opportunities to support learners and develop your skills across the service. Additionally, you will need to deliver and assess digital skills qualifications at level 1 across all courses.
You will be responsible for delivering all elements of the program, providing support and guidance to learners, ensuring that they are challenged and that they complete their portfolio in a timely manner to the standard required to enable learners to achieve their qualification.
In the first instance this post may be home based and the successful candidate must be set-up and able to work remotely.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Designing resources and assignment briefs where appropriate
• Deliver training and support both face to face and remotely to groups and/or individuals
• Carry out continuous diagnostic assessments as part of the learner’s journey
• Tracking learners progress through timely and accurate reports
• Ensuring all documentation (assignment briefs, tracking documents, progress reviews, Individual Learning Plans, attendance registers, portfolios etc) are completed to a satisfactory level in a timely fashion
• Conduct Internal Quality Assurance activity as directed by the department Co-ordinator
• A recognised teaching qualification for the lifelong learning sector, preferable PGCE or equivalent
• Recognised Internal Verification qualification
• An up-to-date CPD record (30 hours year)
• Adult and Child Care qualification at Level 3 or above
• IT qualifications at Level 2 or above
• Strong digital skills with the ability to deliver training and assessment remotely
What we offer:
We offer excellent employment benefits including a public sector pension scheme and opportunities for Continuous Professional Development.
Please quote reference number ED/WAES/956
Please note CV’s are not accepted for this post.
A Basic DBS will be required for this post.
The closing date is 9am Monday 24 August.
Interviews for this post will take place on Wednesday 2 September.
To apply for this post, please visit our website
Westminster Adult Education Service is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.