Craven College is an aspirational College set in friendly and inclusive rural campuses in Skipton within the beautiful Yorkshire Dales, at The Aviation Academy based airside at Leeds Bradford Airport and at Evolve in the heart of Ripon. We are a Good College (Ofsted 2018) and offer full-time courses for 16-18 year olds, outstanding apprenticeships, courses for young people with special educational needs, part-time courses and degree level courses with a mission statement of ‘enriching lives through learning’. Tyro Training is our commercial training division which offers a wide range of training courses for both individuals and businesses in Skipton.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and committed Lecturer in Animal Science to teach a range of units on Animal Science related programmes within FE and HE in the Allied Health, Animal and Science sector and to act as Programme Leader, as required for specific programmes. You may also teach animal science related units on other programmes across other departments, and be involved in the preparation of materials for T Levels in 2023.
As Animal Science Lecturer your role will involve teaching a range of units from Animal Science (FE to HE, levels 2 - 4) within the Department of Science and Allied Health Industries and other departments to a range of learners, including 14-16 year olds and 19+; developing and designing appropriate learning materials for a variety of learners, both currently and in preparation for T levels; acting as a Programme Leader within the Department and provide support and guidance to students and staff, as necessary; preparing, marking, assessing and recording students work, implementing appropriate college quality assurance procedures and carry out relevant recording and administrative tasks to meet deadlines; meeting quality standards with particular reference to retention and achievement and be responsible for monitoring and reporting on continuous performance and improvement within the provision; seeking ideas, consulting with colleagues and introducing innovative ways to embed the accurate and consistent use of English and Mathematics’ skills within planned learning and classroom environment as appropriate.
• Degree or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant subject area,
• Industry experience in the Animal Science sector;
• Current teaching qualification to Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training/PGCE/Cert Ed (or be willing to work towards);
• Qualified to Level 2 (GCSE Grade A*-C or equivalent) in English and maths;
• Recent relevant experience of teaching to a high standard in the FE and/or HE sector
• Good administrative skills with the ability to maintain accurate and relevant records in line with quality procedures;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and organisational skills;
• Interest and understanding of current educational initiatives;
• Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative to meet the needs of the college;
• Ability to motivate staff and work effectively as a team member;
• Ability to achieve consistently high standards under pressure;
• Willingness and ability to liaise effectively with external bodies and agencies;
• Willing to undertake professional development linked to the needs of the college;
• Computer literate;
• Driving licence and access to an appropriately insured vehicle.
A disclosure check with the Disclosure & Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
We’re committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For further information including a full job description and to apply, please visit our website
If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date on this occasion you have not been shortlisted. However please feel free to apply for futures roles as appropriate
Craven College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.