RuTC is looking for an Apprenticeship Assessor. You will be a specialist in Early Years level 3 and CACHE.
Your duties will include:
To recruit/sign up candidates in line with College policy
- To maintain and promote National and awarding body standards, ensuring quality of provision
- Plan assessment visits with employers and candidates from enrolment to completion setting clear milestones
- To be responsible for the timely and effective assessment of candidate/s in the workplace, ensuring necessary planning and feedback is negotiated and recorded, to meet awarding body standards
- To plan with the candidate/s targets and action plans to ensure progress through the NVQ and/or competency qualifications.
- To provide guidance to enable candidates in portfolio building and updating them and informing the relevant Manager if there are any problems
- To assist the candidate in mapping evidence for the competency and knowledge components ensuring advice on validity, authenticity and how their evidence can be integrated into functional skills / key skills as well as ERR and PLTS where appropriate.
- To be responsible for monitoring and completing accurate documentation on the candidate/s progress through College tracking systems (including on-line e-portfolio’s eg Learning Assistant) and individual action/assessment plans and submitting these on a two weekly basis to the relevant Manager.
- To provide timely progression and achievement of candidates as well as discuss progression opportunities
- To carry out a review for each candidate in line with College procedures and ensure completed units are signed off and submitted for internal verification on a monthly basis.
- To attend regular assessor/internal verification meetings and other team meetings to discuss candidate/s performance and progress, the national standards and issues in their implementation.
- To work with the Internal and External Verifier to ensure candidate portfolios satisfy awarding body criteria
- Effectively manage administration, travel, quality assurance, standardisation, assessment and training support to meet the needs of all candidates within an agreed timetable, which may include occasional evening work if required
- To report back to the relevant Manager any problem related to the candidate/s work placements and documentation.
The successful candidate will:
Hold an Assessor qualification (TAQA) or equivalent
- Hold Level 3 or higher in Early Years
Richmond upon Thames College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.