TEACHER OF ART
Start Date: August 2020
Term: Full time
We are looking to appoint a passionate, ambitious and motivated Art teacher to join our enthusiastic and dynamic TCOLC team. The ability to teach KS3 ADT is essential.
The ADT department has a strong, cohesive staff with exciting plans for the future and are looking for someone who is driven and team-focussed. Like all of our highly respected team, the successful candidate will be integral in shaping our ever-evolving curriculum going forwards and will have the opportunity to teach the full range of ages and qualifications. It’s important we get the right teacher who shares our belief, that our students deserve the very best!
Therefore, the successful candidate will:
• Be a highly successful teacher, who embodies our school mission statement, ‘Be Happy, Be Ambitious, Make a Difference’
• Be highly motivated and demonstrate an ability to learn.
• Be able to support the development of highly engaging and ambitious schemes of work within the department.
• Have a clear understanding of pedagogical knowledge in the teaching of Art.
• Be a team player and relish in the opportunity to work with colleagues within the ADT department and beyond.
We can offer you:
• A dedicated ADT team who place students at the heart of everything.
• Generous PPA, ensuring you have the time to plan to meet your students’ needs.
• An inspirational Subject Lead to guide you through your career.
• An open and honest professional learning community that challenges and rewards.
• Dedicated, enthusiastic and creative staff and students.
• A fantastic and well-resourced learning environment.
• A department and college who place a high premium on your professional development and induction.
• A college that is committed to the health and wellbeing of staff.
• NQTs will have the benefit of starting at the end of June 2020.
The City of Leicester is a thriving multi-cultural and multi-faith 11- 19 college proud to promote high standards of education with a strong moral purpose; our mission statement ‘Be Happy, Be Ambitious, Make a Difference’ embodies everything we do. We pride ourselves on our diversity and believe in going the extra mile to ensure staff and students are happy, are ambitious and are making a difference.
TCOLC is currently open and we actively encourage school visits, where social distancing measures are in place for the safety of all staff and visitors. However, if you prefer, please arrange a phone/video call prior to an application, so that you learn more about this role and our ethos firsthand. To arrange a visit or call at a mutually convenient time please contact Jill Walton (Deputy Head teacher).
This College is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Certificate.
CLOSING DATE for applications for this post is Friday 12 June 2020 at 12:00pm
The City of Leicester College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check.