The successful candidate will report direct to the Head of Art undertaking duties within the Department to support the teaching and learning of all students.
The hours will be 37 hours per week, term time only (equivalent to 38 weeks per year)
Starting salary: £17,068 per annum, pro rata
The salary scale has seven incremental points with the maximum salary currently £19,402 per annum, pro rata. A pay award is pending.
Working in partnership with all teachers within the Art Department, the Art Technician's responsibilities will include:
- To prepare teaching rooms and workshop areas for academic staff and students in line with academic needs and to maintain these facilities and adjoining areas in a clean and tidy condition.
- To ensure that art rooms, workshops, learning areas and adjoining areas conform to Health and Safety standards at all times and to carry out Risk and COSHH Assessments as required by the operational manager.
- To assist in auditing the use of facilities and to undertake checks of equipment and furniture to ensure that inventories are kept up to date.
- To maintain a central Art Department store of materials and related resources, informing line manager and/or appropriate budget holders of the need to order materials and equipment and subsequently complete stock orders, allowing sufficient time to maintain adequate levels of supplies.
- To prepare a range of materials for art lessons, enrichment workshops and community art classes.
- To use specialist skills to provide teaching support within the art department.
- To support the department’s work with the partner primary schools, by preparing materials and related resources and providing support teaching during enrichment opportunities in the visual arts.
The duties outlined in the Job Description are extensive in their nature, however, it is not expected that they will be undertaken concurrently. Duties are likely to be spread throughout the course of the working week dependent upon the nature of the work required.
You are more than welcome to contact the school to arrange for an informal visit if you would like an opportunity to see the facilities for yourself and meet some of the staff and students at the school.
I hope that having read the details from the school, and hopefully also seen the work we do here for yourself, you decide to apply for this post. If that is the case, I would like to thank you in advance for the time required for such an application and look forward to reading your letter in due course.
Applications should be by letter and application form.
The closing date is Tuesday 10th December 2019 at 9.00am. We expect interviews to be held later that week, however, will contact the short listed applicants to discuss the date and time.
If you wish to discuss this position, prior to submitting an application, please contact me.
Newent Community School and Sixth Form Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.