City of Bristol College is seeking to appoint a qualified assessor or someone with Aeronautical Engineering experience to join the assessment team. This position is full time and is to maintain a caseload of apprentices, completing assessment reviews on a regular basis, and to work with the apprentice to complete an electronic portfolio which will identify competence across all criteria of the required NVQs. You’ll need to have a Mechanical/Aeronautical Engineering qualification to at least level 4 and training will be given to those who don’t currently have an Assessor qualification. You will need access to your own car, but a competitive mileage allowance can be claimed.
What you’ll be responsible for/what we are looking for:
- To complete assessment reviews on a regular basis, and work with the apprentice to complete an electronic portfolio which will identify competence across all criteria of the required NVQs.
- To maintain a caseload of candidates as allocated by the line manager.
- To maximise timely success.
- To work collaboratively and proactively with managers and colleagues to design, develop, manage and review programmes in the curriculum area, in light of stakeholder satisfaction and feedback.
- To ensure that individual learner needs are met in a responsive way.
- To fully engage with the College Mission Statement and Values ensuring that these are at the heart working practices.
We are looking for someone with experience of Aeronautical Engineering and who is confident in working in a fast-paced environment, with changing priorities.
You will also need to be able to build and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders, at all levels, internally and externally, as well as other members of College staff and students.
- a generous holiday entitlement of 30 holiday days (plus bank holidays and 8 closure days)
- membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 16 %
- Up to 30% off courses with the University of the West of England
- Great discounts on hair and beauty treatments offered on site
- Family-friendly policies including flexible working, compassionate leave, maternity, paternity and adoption leave, parental leave and job share
- Excellent facilities including study centres, City Salon, multi-faith prayer rooms, bike storage, City Restaurant (situated at College Green and at SBSA), refectories
- Cycle to work scheme
- A variety of online shopping discounts and offers and cash health plan
- Plus, a supportive package to ensure continuous professional development.
About the College:
City of Bristol College is one of the City’s largest employers, based at four different sites across the City. We offer a wide range of courses from entry to degree level and cater for learners of all ages and backgrounds. We strive for student achievement through providing the best possible student experience, professional staff and outstanding resources. Our success in this isn’t possible without the commitment, dedication and collaboration of every member of staff.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.
If you feel you can demonstrate the dedication, skills and passion required for this role, we look forward to receiving your application.
Please refer to our Job Description, Person Specification and Conditions of Service for more information.
Contract: Full Time – Permanent 37 hours per week
Closing date: Tuesday 25th May (midnight)
Interview date: Thursday 10th June 2021
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.