Salary: £24,000 - £27,000 + £3000 Market Supplement
Contract: 2 x Permanent full time
Location: Ashley Down however travel across Bristol, Gloucester and North Somerset area will be required
Are you not yet working in education but are wanting to influence the next generation of trades people in the area? Then City of Bristol College is the right place for you!
About the Role:
City of Bristol College is seeking to appoint a trade competent, enthusiastic and proactive NVQ Assessor. This position is full time however part time applications will be considered. Here at our college we will fully support and fund you to gain the correct assessing/teaching qualifications. We offer a full induction and benefits package that includes a generous holiday allowance and pension contributions.
What you’ll be responsible for/what we are looking for:
The role will involve providing…:
• To hold a caseload of students and visit them in work assessing their professional competencies in their chosen vocational pathway on a regular basis using an electronic portfolio system
• To work with key employers across the city and maintain professional working relationships with key stakeholders
• To maximise retention, achievement and timely success of students.
• To ensure that individual learner needs are met in a responsive way.
We are looking for someone with 5 years industry experience of electrical installation and who is confident in working in a fast paced environment, with changing priorities.
You will also need to be able to build and maintain excellent working relationships with employers and apprentices.
Life at City of Bristol College:
City of Bristol College offers:
• a generous holiday entitlement of 30 holiday days (plus bank holidays and 8 closure days)
• membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 16.1 %
• death in service benefit 3x salary (if a member of the pension scheme)
• cycle to work scheme
• a variety of online shopping discounts and offers
• free car parking at most college sites
• a supportive package of continuous professional development
• as well as a range of staff support packages.
About the College:
City of Bristol College is one of the City’s largest employers, based at four different sites across the City. We offer a wide range of courses from entry to degree level and cater for learners of all ages and backgrounds. We strive for student achievement through providing the best possible student experience, professional staff and outstanding resources. Our success in this isn’t possible without the commitment, dedication and collaboration of every member of staff.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.
Our new state of the art construction centre is due to open in 2021. It will offer training in construction skills to around 850 learners over the first three years, through Higher Apprenticeships and more traditional learning routes, providing much-needed skilled workers for the city and wider region. The centre will provide a brand-new, 2500m2 training facility at the South Bristol Skills Academy site.
If you feel you can demonstrate the dedication, skills and passion required for this role, we look forward to receiving your application.
Please see our Job Description, Person Specification, Conditions of Service and Applicant information for more information. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found attached.
Closing date: Thursday 30 January 2020 (Midnight)
Interview date: Friday 7 February 2020
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.