Salary: £24,000- £27,000 (pro rata for part time roles)
Contract: 0.5- 18.5 hours per week
Location: Parkway, although travel to other College sites and to employers based in the local area will be required.
About the Role:
City of Bristol College is seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and proactive Motor Vehicle Assessor. This position is part time, will be based at the Parkway site and at employer’s sites around the southern region. This role is suited to an experienced assessor in both Light and Heavy Vehicle, to conduct work based visits for a cohort of learners. This role will also encompass the development of our new Standards programs and the expectation that support from the assessor in this new qualification will be supplied to the employers.
What you’ll be responsible for/what we are looking for:
The role will involve providing:
• Weekly reviews for both Framework and Standards Learners
• Timely achievement of framework completions for cohort of learners
• Health and Safety Visits
• Generate vacancies against set targets
• Undertake NVQ training and assessing of apprentices within the workplace
• Undertake Standards training and mentoring in the workplace.
• Complete College CPD activities
• Risk rate and take action to ensure timely completions
We are looking for someone with experience of assessing in the motor industry and who is confident in working in a fast paced environment, with changing priorities.
You will also need to be able to build and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders, at all levels, internally and externally, as well as other members of College staff and students.
Life at City of Bristol College:
City of Bristol College offers:
- a generous holiday entitlement of 30 holiday days (plus bank holidays and 8 closure days)
- Local Government Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 16.1 %
- death in service benefit 3x salary (if a member of the pension scheme)
- cycle to work scheme
- a variety of online shopping discounts and offers
- free car parking at most college sites
- a supportive package of continuous professional development
- as well as a range of staff support packages
About the College:
City of Bristol College is one of the City’s largest employers, based at four different sites across the City. We offer a wide range of courses from entry to degree level and cater for learners of all ages and backgrounds. We strive for student achievement through providing the best possible student experience, professional staff and outstanding resources. Our success in this isn’t possible without the commitment, dedication and collaboration of every member of staff.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.
If you feel you can demonstrate the dedication, skills and passion required for this role, we look forward to receiving your application.
Please see our Job Description, Person Specification, Conditions of Service and Applicant information for more information. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found here
Closing date: Sunday 8 December 2019 (Midnight)
Interview date: Wednesday 18 December 2019
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.