We have a new opportunity for an Educational Assessor to join our team based in Wednesbury. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £20,000 - £28,000 per annum.
Juniper is an independent established training provider who have been assisting young people to move forward and achieve for 35 years. Delivering Traineeships, Study Programmes and Apprenticeships we help young people across the country to take positive steps forward in their lives.
As our Educational Assessor you will:
- Assess apprentices against Children, Young People and Families Practitioner L4 standards
- Deliver engaging and effective training sessions to groups of apprentices and on a one-to one basis
- Compile and assess occupational qualifications
- Ensure excellent apprentice attendance, retention and achievement
- Deliver English and maths Functional Skill qualifications up to level 2
Health and well-being benefits we offer our people:
- JFit - this is a scheme where employees participate in an exercise of their choice for 45 minutes, for 3 times a week, over a year (April to March) and earn extra annual leave for simply taking part
- Health Shields - Cashback on health needs, such as dental, physiotherapy, eye tests and prescriptions
- EAP – Our scheme to help any employees with any personal problems that may impact their health
- Critical Illness Cover
- Flexi Holidays – Including an extra day off for your birthday!
- Cycle to work – We offer the opportunity for all staff to participate in the fantastic Cycle to Work scheme
Key responsibilities as our Educational Assessor will be to:
- Deliver engaging, effective and innovative group training sessions to apprentices, including induction
- Plan and facilitate engaging schemes of work
- Deliver inspiring training that meets criteria and standards for apprenticeships
- Teach English and maths Functional Skills up to Level 2
- Conduct & use initial assessment effectively and set apprentices appropriate, but challenging, targets & goals
- Assess apprentices’ portfolios and provide regular supportive, developmental feedback
- Ensure that apprentices’ attendance & retention targets are met
- Achieve targets to meet contractual obligations.
Skills and abilities, we’re looking for in our Educational Assessor:
- Full driving license with access to car
- A minimum of 2 years in the occupational area within the last 3 years in a residential setting within young people and families care and residential settings
- Minimum Level 2 English & Maths
- Taqa or equivalent
- Level 3 Teaching Qualification
- Understanding of apprenticeship programmes
- To remain positive, with a bubbly, engaging personality
- Excellent organisation skills – diary management and ability to work on own initiative
- Competent in use of IT
- To meet targets and provide a quality service to all stakeholders
- Able to assess in Residential Childcare
- To devise schemes of delivery
If you would like to join our team as our new Educational Assessor then please click ‘apply now’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Juniper Training Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.