ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a great opportunity for a dynamic, professional individual qualified in an appropriate discipline to join the College to develop and teach on childcare and education courses. The primary focus will be teaching and assessing on childcare and teaching assistant courses, up to level 3 for both college based learners and apprenticeships within the sector.
The ideal candidate will be required to co-ordinate teaching, learning and assessment activities in groups and one to one. To plan and deliver teaching, learning and assessment on college and school/nursery premises to exceptionally high standards. You will also assess learner’s portfolios and internally verify childcare and/or teaching assistant programmes.
You will need to have:
• Appropriate vocational experience and minimum qualification level 3 childcare/teaching assistant
• Experience of working in the childcare sector/school environment
• D32, D33/A1 Vocational Assessor and D34/V1 Internal Verifier qualifications with updates
• Have the ability to work with learners of all ages in various learning environments
• Be flexible, innovative and possess excellent communication skills
• Sufficient ICT skills to use an electronic portfolio to track and monitor the learners assessment and progress
You will be a highly self motivated, energetic and driven individual, encompassing a strong sense of autonomy. You will possess strong presentation and communication skills and be able to demonstrate achievement of targets.
Successful candidates will be required to deliver a taught session in the evening (term time) and to be available across different days/times of the week to meet the needs of learners.
The role will require you to embed the college’s values; Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, High Expectations, Responsibility.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. All successful candidates are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check where appropriate. The successful candidate will be required to pay for the DBS check themselves, the cost will automatically be deducted from your first salary payment.