ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a great opportunity for a dynamic, professional individual qualified in an appropriate discipline to join the College to develop and teach on childcare and education courses. The primary focus will be teaching and assessing on childcare and teaching assistant courses, up to level 3 for both college based learners and apprenticeships within the sector.
The ideal candidate will be required to co-ordinate teaching, learning and assessment activities in groups and one to one. To plan and deliver teaching, learning and assessment on college and school/nursery premises to exceptionally high standards. You will also assess learner’s portfolios and internally verify childcare and/or teaching assistant programmes.
You will need to have:
• Appropriate vocational experience and minimum qualification level 3 childcare/teaching assistant
• Experience of working in the childcare sector/school environment
• D32, D33/A1 Vocational Assessor and D34/V1 Internal Verifier qualifications with updates
• Have the ability to work with learners of all ages in various learning environments
• Be flexible, innovative and possess excellent communication skills
• Sufficient ICT skills to use an electronic portfolio to track and monitor the learners assessment and progress
You will be a highly self motivated, energetic and driven individual, encompassing a strong sense of autonomy. You will possess strong presentation and communication skills and be able to demonstrate achievement of targets.
Successful candidates will be required to deliver a taught session in the evening (term time) and to be available across different days/times of the week to meet the needs of learners.
Previous applicants need not apply.
The role will require you to embed the college’s values; Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, High Expectations, Responsibility.
Vision West Nottinghamshire College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.