Assessor in Greenkeeping
Full Time - 37 Hours per week
Based at the St Albans Campus with travel in and around the Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire area
£25,433 - £28,615 per annum - Depending on skills and experience
Oaklands College is seeking to employ an assessor to deliver Work-based Greenkeeping courses in the Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire area. Ideally, you will be an experienced Greenkeeper who is keen to support students in the golf industry. The role would be located at our St Albans Campus however there will be a requirement for you to travel between various sites and employers in the South East area (e.g. Herts, Beds, Bucks, Surrey) standard mileage rates will be paid.
Successful candidates must hold the following;
- Hold Level 3 subject specialist qualification (NVQ L3 or WBD L3 in Greenkeeping)
- Have at least 3 years relevant industry experience and evidence of CPD in the subject specialism where required
- Ability to travel to customer service sites on a frequent basis i.e. have access to own motor vehicle and hold a valid driving licence
- Have Level 2 literacy and numeracy qualifications (GCSE Grade A to C or Level 2 Key or Functional Skills
It would be advantageous if the candidate holds an Assessor Award (or equivalent e.g. D32/33, A1 or TQTA) although full training for the Assessor qualification will be offered through the College.
Please refer to the attached job description when submitting your application.
Closing Date: Thursday 20th May
Interviews will take place remotely via Microsoft teams on Wednesday 26th May
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Generous Salary
• Automatic entry into the Local pension Scheme.
• Generous annual leave – 30 days pro rata plus 8 days bank holiday pro rata
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
• Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
• High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work as a team.
• The ability to work towards deadlines.
• The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory safeguarding checks.