Study Group’s pathway programmes are specially designed, university-recognised courses that help students to gain the academic, English language and learning standards necessary in order to succeed in the UK or European education environment. The University of Sheffield International College is the largest pathway college within the UK & Europe with over 1,000 students enrolled annually. Our international students study bespoke academic programmes, which provide them with a pathway into the University of Sheffield for undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes.
In this exciting job role, you will be responsible for leading and supporting a large team of academic staff. Reporting to the Deputy College Director, you will work closely with senior colleagues within and outside of the college and be accountable for the delivery of contractually required progression rates to the University. Critically the successful candidate will need to carefully balance the requirements of the college alongside the need for consistency and collaboration with the university and Study Group as a whole.
You’ll have leadership and accountability for and direct line management responsibility of a team of Heads of Subject. Consequently, you will have recent successful line academic management experience in a relevant subject discipline and have proven ability to engage with the University of Sheffield in collaborative developments.
As Assistant Director for Curriculum and Progression (ADCP) you will lead a team of curriculum managers to deliver a great student experience both inside and outside the classroom. As a senior leader, you will play a key role in leading a team and setting high expectations for students and teachers, which allows them to achieve the best possible outcomes for our students and stakeholders. You will be accountable with the support of our Head of Quality Assurance, Enhancement and Innovation (HQAEI) for achieving excellent student outcomes, quality assurance and enhancement of our curriculum. This vacancy has arisen, as the previous post-holder has taken up a more senior role as Deputy College Director.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience of leading & line managing curriculum managers in a complex multi-disciplinary environment
• A sound understanding of UK higher education and experience of managing support activity and staff in an international and/or UK further and/or higher education context.
• Experience of outstanding teaching within UK further and/or higher education at level 6 and above
• Experience overseeing quality assurance and responsibility for the maintenance of academic standards
• A bachelor’s degree (Business and Economics desirable).
• Academic qualifications at postgraduate or equivalent (essential)
• Knowledge of the needs of international students and experience of working with international students
• Experience of successfully motivating and leading teachers through a process of change
• Competitive salaries
• A 30-day holiday (For full time) allowance that is not restricted to outside of term time.
• Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
• A large global network that offers fantastic career opportunities.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Study Group Sheffield is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.