Assistant Head of School – Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare
Salary: TSAT Grade L9 to L13 £50,764 -£56,016
Location: Chatham, Kent
Start Date: September 2020
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is in the Top 10 performing Multi Academy Trusts for KS4 progress
“Holcombe Grammar School deliver an inspiring curriculum” – Ofsted April 2018
We have an exciting opportunity to join our leadership team at Holcombe Grammar School. The position is for an Assistant Head of School who will lead on personal development, behaviour and welfare.
The successful applicant will help develop an ethos of high expectations across all staff and students. They will lead on pastoral care, support and guidance and help further develop standards of teaching, learning and achievement across the school.
Some of the key requirements for the role are listed below and for further details on the role please view the attached job description.
What you will need to succeed:
• Highly effective communication skills and to be a strong presence around the school.
• Ability to maintain great relationships with students, staff, parents, governors, the community and all stakeholders.
• Have experience of working with senior teams to create a productive learning environment which is engaging and fulfilling for all students and staff reflecting the identity of the School;
• The ability to provide professional management of Pastoral policies and practices across the school;
• Be able to effectively challenge underperformance at all levels and ensure effective corrective action and follow up;
• Be able to ensure Heads of Year and subject leaders’ accountabilities are clearly defined, understood and agreed, in terms of leading behaviour/ attendance/ punctuality in their year group/curriculum area/s
• The ability to organise and manage the pastoral teams and the Pastoral Time/PD programme in the timetable.
• Follow the Academy’s Pastoral policies and practices and ensure they are implemented effectively.
• Engage with our Trusts community to secure quality and entitlement of provision for all students;
What you will get from Holcombe Grammar School:
• Work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos
• Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our trust.
• Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogical approach to thinking and learning - proven to enhance classroom practice
• Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
• Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
• Access to the New Horizons Teaching Alliance, offering a wide range of robust and innovatory development resources and expertise
• Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of Holcombe Grammar School
• A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
• Childcare vouchers enabling eligible staff to pay for childcare in a tax efficient way
• Free parking onsite
• Opportunity to work in a campus of well-appointed buildings centred around the historic Holcombe Manor
• Easy access to M2, M20 and M25
As part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust, we benefit from working cohesively as a family of schools for the benefit of our children, and for the adults who work here too. The Trust supports with planning, trips, events, CPD and much more to ensure that all of our teachers are fully supported, enabling them to ensure that they can deliver the best learning that we can offer. Our mission is to “transform life chances”; at The Thinking Schools Academy Trust we believe education has the power to change lives and children only have one chance to get this right. To ensure all our academies focus on our mission school leaders translated our mission to core values that would be demonstrated and evident in all our Academies:
Child First, Aspire, Challenge, Achieve
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our school, benefiting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
We also encourage any early applications and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we believe a suitable candidate is found.
If this position at Holcombe Grammar School is not quite right for you, but you would be interested for any other positions within our Trust please contact Wendy Tanner to ensure that you are added to our talent pool and considered for any future positions.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS disclosures at enhanced levels and Children’s Barred List check will be required prior to any offer of employment