Assistant Head Teacher
Leadership Spine 10 - 14
REQUIRED FOR January 2021
The Governing Body of Ferndale Community School are seeking to appoint an inspirational and dedicated Assistant Headteacher to help the Headteacher, Senior Leadership Team and Governing Body move the School forward.
We are proud of the nurturing, welcoming and friendly environment we have created and as we grow we are keen to retain our sense of community. Staff within our school demonstrate a passion and commitment, through strong teamwork, that results in excellent outcomes and a positive and enjoyable experience for our pupils.
The successful applicant will be a committed individual who:
• will contribute fully to all the decision making as part of the Senior Leadership Team
• is ready to take on whole school responsibilities
• will encourage, motivate and inspire young people and staff to achieve their full potential;
• has the ability to manage and coach staff across the school to help meet the school’s aims and objectives
• is an excellent practitioner with an outstanding record of success;
• understands how to develop a robust assessment system to facilitate the use of accurate data tracking to improve results;
• is committed to raising performance through rigorous monitoring and review across the school
• has a natural passion and enthusiasm for developing whole school strategies to provide our students with the best experience and life opportunities.
We can offer you :-
- happy, confident and enthusiastic children
- a highly professional, talented, innovative and energetic teaching and support team who are committed to progression and change in order to further the development of the school
- a supportive, committed and engaged Governing Body who are dedicated to working in partnership to achieve the best for all our children.
- opportunities for CPD and networking within the school, RCT and the Central South Consortium;
- a leadership team and staff body that have transformed outcomes and opportunities for our students
At the School, we believe it is the responsibility of all staff, to recognise the abilities of each child and develop them to the full. We strive to create a happy, safe, secure environment, where children and adults learn to co-operate with each other, in an atmosphere of support and trust.
Should you wish to visit the school or talk to key staff prior to application then we would welcome the opportunity as soon as Covid permits. If you would like to arrange such a visit, then please email or telephone Michelle Coburn-Hughes Business and Facilities Manager of which contact details are available in the application form.
We very much hope that you will want to come and work with us to deliver the best education for our pupils and support a worthy community. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person join a talented team in its journey of development.
CLOSING DATE: 11pm Sunday 4th October 2020
Ferndale Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.