With the retirement of one of our longest standing staff members, we now seek applicants for an Assistant Head Teacher with responsibility for the Alma Curriculum based at Linwood School, Alma Road, Bournemouth. This post is a key appointment and an exciting career opportunity for the successful candidate.
The Alma Curriculum is a non-subject specific curriculum which has been adapted from the MSI Curriculum published by SENSE and is followed by the children and young people at Linwood School who have the most profound and/or complex needs.
The successful applicant will be responsible for leading a team delivering an outstanding, bespoke curriculum to approximately 50 pupils. The successful applicant would also be responsible for overseeing the therapy services commissioned under Service Level Agreements (Speech and Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy) across Linwood Main Campus. This is a non-class-based role, although there may be class cover required on occasion.
The successful applicant will:
• play a decisive role in the strategic, operational and policy development of the provision through innovative and enterprising leadership;
• have experience of working with students with a range of SEND;
• effectively manage individual and team performance across their phase, acting as a role model within the school community;
• adapt leadership style to a range of scenarios across the department and school as a whole;
• effectively promote inclusivity and safeguarding.
Linwood School provides
• A supportive staff committed to achieving excellence.
• Opportunities for continued professional development.
• The opportunity to play a full part in a dynamic, thriving and diverse school community.
We are looking for staff who
• Are passionate about teaching and learning.
• Are able to inspire, engage and motivate pupils and staff.
• Are well organised and keen to further develop their skills.
• Have a creative approach to teaching and learning.
In addition to the benefits provided by BCP Council, Linwood School also provides:
• An Employee Assistance Programme to support staff wellbeing including free counselling sessions.
• Easy to access Eyecare Scheme.
• Paid after-school training sessions to support staff development.
• Career development.
• Long Service Awards.
For initial enquiries about this role, please contact Jo King. For any enquiries regarding the application process please contact Wendy Perry HR Manager. These emails can be found on the schools website.
Linwood School is committed to the safeguarding and promotion of children's welfare and all appointments are subject to successful enhanced DBS checks. Offers of employment are also subject to satisfactory references and health check.
Due to the current health crisis, the school has limited opening for the support of vulnerable students and to support key workers. Therefore, we regret we are unlikely to be able to invite prospective candidates to tour the school as we would normally do. If you are appointed to the role, alternative arrangements will be made.
Interviews will take place by Zoom on 4th March 2021
Linwood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.