The Trust requires an Assistant Network Manager who can manage and support IT systems and line manage members of one local helpdesk team and enable the use of current and future technology to support students learning. We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual who can communicate effectively and develop IT services provision to provide excellent customer service to both staff and students.
The post holder will be expected to work with the Network Manager to develop and implement appropriate policies and procedures relating to IT. They will also be required to work closely with curriculum and support in managing and developing the college’s IT provision.
As a key member of Trust’s Central IT Team will play a key role in both suggesting appropriate developments and advising on any proposals.
The normal working hours would be 8:00am – 4:00pm Monday to Friday. Some out of hours work will be necessary e.g. for system maintenance to minimise disruption to staff/students. The main/default location of work will be Worcester Sixth Form College. There will be an occasional requirement to work from Hereford Sixth Form College (no more than 1 day per week on average and travel expenses will be paid).
• Have experience of managing networks and IT systems, preferably within an educational environment
• Have up to date knowledge and understanding of IT developments to ensure the college plans for the future.
• Have experience of leading and managing staff effectively
• Possess excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels
• Have excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
• Be pro-active with the ability to act on your own initiative
In return, we will offer you the opportunity to further your professional development in a supportive and friendly environment.
Closing Date: Please email your completed application form by Monday 10th August 2020.
Interview Date: Wednesday 12th August 2020.
If you wish to have an informal discussion regarding this role email Mark Ridgway, Director of IT and MIS
Hereford Sixth Form College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.