Required September 2021
Helston Community College, part of the Southerly Point Co-operative Multi-Academy Trust, are seeking an outstanding experienced or ambitious middle leader ready to take on the exciting challenge of leadership at Department and whole-school level. In addition to the main responsibilities as a middle leader, you will work alongside a member of the Senior Leadership team on one of the key areas of the College Development Plan.
The successful applicant will have a proven track record of rapid and sustained improvement in Mathematics outcomes across the 11-16 age range.
We are seeking to appoint someone who:
- Is a highly qualified and experienced mathematician;
- is known for delivering well-planned, creative and engaging lessons;
- achieves excellent outcomes for students across the full ability range;
- has experience of leading a mathematics department in a smaller school or a key stage in a larger school, and is capable of inspiring our team towards a shared vision;
- is a reflective practitioner, keen to develop and progress, both as a teacher and a leader;
- aspirational in your pursuit of excellence for the students;
- passionate about staff professional development;
- will share and support the College and the Trust's commitment to provide an all-round, outstanding education for all our students.
We are committed to promoting aspiration, encouraging ambition and ensuring achievement within a values-driven ethos.
Closing Date: Monday 19th April 2021 - 12.00pm
Interviews: During the week commencing 26th April 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Southerly Point Co-operative Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Southerly Point Co-operative Multi-Academy Trust is committed to having a workforce that promotes equality and celebrates diversity.