We are offering an exciting opportunity to join our Student Support Services team within Heart of Worcestershire College based in our Worcester Campus.
The purpose of the role is:
• To provide high quality and responsive health, welfare and safeguarding services for all students.
• To support College attendance, retention and achievement strategies by providing high quality pro-active welfare and wellbeing support to individual students and groups.
• To work directly with Personal Tutors, Personal Learning Coaches, Job Coaches, curriculum staff, Customer Services Team and Student Experience and Welfare staff to ensure learners are fully supported, with any barriers to learning dealt with promptly and effectively.
• To liaise with external agencies to ensure students receive the best possible support in order for them to achieve to their full potential.
• Contribute to and co-ordinate specialist support where required, including attending Looked After Children reviews, Strategy Meetings and Child in Need plans.
• To assist the Student Experience and Welfare Manager in the delivery of support services across College.
To be considered for this role you must have Level 2 (at least) qualification in both Maths and English, or a willingness to gain, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification in counselling, guidance, teaching, youth work or health profession or any other appropriate level 3 qualification and Experience of working with and supporting a range of client groups.
In return we offer a friendly, modern working environment, a diverse employee reward scheme, childcare voucher scheme, pension scheme, continued professional development and a generous holiday allowance, along with many other benefits.
Our Vision is:
• To be the provider of choice for education, training and learning, delivering across Worcestershire, the West Midlands and nationally within our areas of specialism.
• To be recognised as a college that makes a difference by delivering services through innovation, partnership, co-creation and connectivity.
• To continue to inspire and enable our learners to be successful. We will raise attainment and meet aspirations by developing the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to ensure that everyone meets their full potential.
• To create the skills to advance the economic and social prosperity, adding value to the communities we serve.
We want our dynamic workforce to share our passion and enthusiasm. We are also committed to working with key stakeholders to enhance the economic prospects in the area. Our values of inclusivity, integrity, partnership and trust shine through in all that we do allowing us to provide responsive and informed services within our local community and beyond.
As one of the largest employers in the area we actively support and invest in our workforce. We pride ourselves on our progressive and flexible approach to both personal and professional development. We promote equality and diversity through inclusive practice and work with honesty and probity; placing the interests of our students and staff at the heart of all activities.
With a growth strategy that aims to further developing the quality of our offer and develop our partnerships with employers, educational institutions, and other stakeholders, there has never been a better time to join our thriving workforce.
Closing date for this post is: 18 July 2019
This College is committed to equality of opportunity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be required to complete and pay for a Disclosure & Barring Service check. The costs of this check will be deducted from the applicant’s first salary payment from the College.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if sufficient applications are received.
HoW College is a Smoke Free environment from the effects of direct/indirect contact with smoking, and all smoking related products.
This College is committed to equality of opportunity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment.