Contract: Zero Hours
About the Role:
City of Bristol College is seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and proactive Body and Paint Lecturer. This position is zero hours and will be based at the Parkway. This role is for an experienced Lecturer in body and Paint, to conduct an adult evening course in restoration techniques. This is an exciting opportunity to support learners in body and paint techniques.
What you’ll be responsible for/what we are looking for:
The role will involve providing:
• Practical teaching in our fully fitted Body Shop.
• Teaching of adult learners to improve their skills in restoration of vehicle body and paint.
• Prep workshop for each teaching session prior to event.
• Organise technician to support activities taking place and components needed are ordered.
• Ensure that workshop is put back to original state at the end of each session.
We are looking for someone with experience of Body and Paint in the motor industry and who is confident in working in a fast paced environment, with changing priorities.
You will also need to be able to build and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders, at all levels, internally and externally, as well as other members of College staff and students.
Life at City of Bristol College:
City of Bristol College offers:
- a generous holiday entitlement of 35 holiday days (plus bank holidays and 8 closure days)
- membership to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 16.48%
- death in service benefit 3x salary (if a member of the pension scheme)
- cycle to work scheme
- a variety of online shopping discounts and offers
- free car parking at most college sites
- a supportive package of continuous professional development
- as well as a range of staff support packages
About the College:
City of Bristol College is one of the City’s largest employers, based at four different sites across the City. We offer a wide range of courses from entry to degree level and cater for learners of all ages and backgrounds. We strive for student achievement through providing the best possible student experience, professional staff and outstanding resources. Our success in this isn’t possible without the commitment, dedication and collaboration of every member of staff.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.
If you feel you can demonstrate the dedication, skills and passion required for this role, we look forward to receiving your application.
Please see our Job Description, Person Specification, Conditions of Service and Applicant information for more information. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found on our college website.
Closing date: Sunday 3 November 2019 (Midnight)
Interview date: Monday 11 November 2019
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.