Salary: Main Teacher Scale + SEN 1 + £2k Honorarium
Contract Type: Full Time
Start date: September 2022
• Are you interested in helping to develop Alternative Provision?
• Would you like to join a growing and developing team?
• Do you have a passion for changing the lives of students with SEND?
• Are you ready to work in a fun and challenging environment?
If you can answer ‘YES’, please carry on reading
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, self-motivated and hardworking Teacher. This is a unique position working on/off-site supporting students who struggle to access a mainstream environment.
WORKING AS PART OF A SMALL TEAM THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL:
• Have Qualified Teacher Status
• Have experience of working with children with SEND including Autism Spectrum Condition
(ASC)/Social Communication and Interaction Difficulties (SCID)
• Have the ability to deliver lessons/activities that engage and enthuse the students to develop a love for learning
• Have excellent Communication, Literacy and Numeracy skills
• Have the ability to use ICT effectively to support teaching and learning
• Have an enthusiastic, imaginative and caring approach to children with Special
Educational Needs and Disabilities
• Have an interest in developing a therapeutic curriculum
• Be able to work as part of a team and build positive relationships
• Have high expectations of pupils’ achievements relating to learning, independence
• Have the ability to build positive relationships with students
WE OFFER YOU:
• Excellent professional development opportunities
• Brunel Perks – exclusive discounts on a range of products and retailers
• Enthusiastic and supportive colleagues, parents & Governors
• An opportunity to have an impact on the future of students
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service Check, references & medical clearance. We are committed to equal opportunities.
CLOSING DATE: 12th August 2022
INTERVIEW DATE: W/C 22.08.2022 or before
Brunel Academies Trust is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people (CYP) and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check, references and medical clearance. All references will be obtained prior to interview in line with Safer Recruitment and KCSIE.
Brunel Academies Trust is dedicated to the vision of having a diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that reflects diversity from the communities it serves. We value the contributions of all colleagues from a wide range of backgrounds and actively seek to promote an environment which is free from discrimination and harassment; which at the same time supports fair promotion and cultural acceptance.
Under the provision of the Equality Act 2010, Brunel Academies Trust welcomes applications from everyone and operates a recruitment process that is fair and does not discriminate against or disadvantage anyone because of their age, pronouns preference, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy, paternity or maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.