Business Development Consultant
West London College (WLC) is looking to appoint a Business Development Consultant to work with employers to understand their training needs, helping them grow and shape their business through Apprenticeships or other forms of training.
As a Business Development Consultant, your remit is to identify potential new business and to secure leads for new Apprenticeship starts and other commercial or adult training opportunities. You will also be responsible for account managing relationships with existing employers.
You should be passionate about skills, training and Apprenticeships, with past experience of employer engagement, business development or sales. You should be able to work with a high degree of autonomy and driven by targets and key performance indicators.
The successful candidate will have;
• Field based sales experience ideally selling training services to the SME and large corporate market
• An understanding of Apprenticeships, preferably in a specific sector
• Experience of managing the full sales cycle from generating leads to closing sales and to build the relationships necessary to secure new business.
• The ability to manage cold calling and speculation business development leads, converting these into starts on Apprenticeships or other training.
• The ability to set your own appointments as well as attending appointments set by our agents
• Excellent time management skills and ability to manage your diary effectively
• Exemplary administration, organisation and communication skills
• Proof of hitting targets in a fast paced sales environment
• Strong negotiation and proposal writing skills
• Full drivers licence
Your commitment to the values of our College - Excellence, Ambition, Focus, Accountability, Inclusion and Integrity – will be evident in everything you do.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Circa £37,000
Closing Date: 19th July 2019
Working towards our Investors in Diversity accreditation
Investors in People
Stonewall Diversity Champions
Childcare and eye care vouchers
Designated CPD (development) days
Access to a range of discounts and vouchers through PERKBOX
On-site Canteen and Restaurant (staffed by students)
On-site Hair and Beauty Salon (Staffed by students) and much more..
We are committed to equality and diversity and expect our staff to share this commitment.
The safety and welfare of our staff and learners is extremely important to us and is why we pride ourselves on our Safeguarding procedures.
All positions are subject to (formerly CRB) and your start date will be dependent on receipt of satisfactory DBS clearance.
Ealing, Hammersmith and West London College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.