February Start Date until June 2020 (Fixed Term)
You could be our next exceptional Business tutor working at our prestigious Coventry University London International Study Centre (ISC). In this job you'll teach Business modules across Level 3 (Foundation), Level 4 (International Year 1) and Level 6 (Pre Masters). You'll be an enthusiastic individual and passionate about your subjects.
We offer continuous teacher development which we know is important to you and all our tutors are encouraged to design and develop their own modules in line with our learning outcomes. This is the ideal role for someone creative; enthusiastic for teaching international students and helping them progress!
* Contribute to the design, delivery and development of modules and teaching sessions offered by the London ISC
* Prepare and deliver teaching lecture, seminar and tutorial sessions, with a teaching capacity of up to 25 hours per week
* Prepare module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment
* Mark students' formative and summative assessments submissions and provide timely feedback to students on their performance, including writing regular student reports and tutorials
* Develop and update course material for modules and teaching sessions, including module material for the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
* Work with the Centre's Operations team in the delivery of induction, orientation and registration programmes
* Notify and liaise with colleagues where necessary to ensure all students receive appropriate on-going welfare and progression support.
* Implement quality assurance procedures at module and teaching session level and contribute to the annual monitoring and review of courses
* Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of student attendance and performance
* Attend and contribute to standardisation, moderation and other quality assurance meetings.
* Participate in regular meetings with teaching and support staff and contribute to the effective overall management of the programme and student life cycle
* Maintain and submit accurate and timely records of teaching and other activities
* A Bachelor degree in the relevant subject area. Candidates with further qualifications in the subject area will be welcome.
* Teaching qualification (Desirable)
* Masters (to be able to teach Pre Masters)
* Experience of teaching in UK higher or further education and experience of working with international students.
* Competitive salary
* 30 days holiday
* Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing centre, and much more.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.