The vision of the College’s Facilities team is that they will provide a College environment that is attractive, safe, clean and tidy, that meets the needs of all our students and customers. You will lead and manage the Facilities and Transport Operational Teams and provide outstanding service to students and staff whilst at the same time delivering high levels of value for money and estates utilisation through effective management of contractors of the in-house teams.
Responsibilities will also include:
• Lead the Facilities and transport teams to provide a highly effective service to support the college in achieving its objectives, including embedding and monitoring the Service Desk to ensure that minimum standards are established and adhered to.
• To deliver and monitor the planned and preventative maintenance programme and establish and maintain effective procedures and systems to record and facilitate this.
The Operational Management of;
o The Maintenance Services Team
o The Grounds and Estates Team
o The College’s transport fleet of mini-buses, vans and professional drivers
• In conjunction with the Health & Safety Manager and the Head of Estates and Facilities, ensure that all works involving the college facilities and estate comply with all current Health & Safety and other relevant legislation and codes of practice.
• Identify training needs of the facilities staff to ensure they are competent to undertake tasks required within the team.
• Liaise with and Monitor external works contractors while delivering small works contracts across the St. Albans campus.
• Maintaining suitable maintenance records for college assets and keeping up to date plans of services, isolation points, emergency access processes and embedding this Knowledge within the maintenance team.
Successful candidates should hold the following; Experience of facilities services for at least 2 years, operational experience of facilities services in a diverse and /or multi building environment and ideally hold qualifications at level appropriate to a management role.
Closing Date: Sunday 24th November
Interview Date: TBC
WHY CHOOSE US:
Oaklands College is a progressive, student-centred College supporting the vibrant community at through a broad, relevant and innovative portfolio of education and training.
Oaklands is a Further Education College based in St Albans and Welwyn Garden City – both campuses are well connected to public transport and motorways.
St Albans Campus is home to award winning facilities set within acres of wide open countryside. Discovery Centre and Sports Zone secured recognition from the Royal Institute of British Architects, a body that aims to recognise buildings that set the standard for great architecture in the UK.
At Welwyn Garden City, our Learning Resource Centre provides students with a modern, spacious environment, ideal for research and studying. We have a new STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) Centre housing the very latest cyber technology and bespoke science laboratories giving our students the best possible start for a career in the STEM sector.
Culturally, we have regular feedback sessions for employees called Staff Voice that are held with the Principal and key Senior Managers and offers the opportunity for employees to discuss day to day issues around the college and provides them with insights into future plans for the college.
We hold an Investors in People Award and pride ourselves on our strong ethos of inclusion and diversity. Our college community offers opportunities to become a meaningful part of the wider community through enrichment and extra-curricular activities.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Generous Salary
• Automatic entry into the Local Goverment pension Scheme.
• Generous annual leave – 30 days plus 8 days bank holiday.
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
• Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.