Post Title: Careers Advisor
Grade: Scale S01
Reporting to: Vice Principal
‘Come questioning, go seeking, grow’
The Henley College require an experienced Careers Advisor to work flexibly across the College and with internal and external stakeholders to provide an effective and high-quality, comprehensive, impartial careers education, information, advice, and guidance service that meets the needs of a diverse range of prospective and existing students.
- Provide a range of careers interventions throughout the learner journey from enrolment through to supporting progression, including 1:1 guidance, interviews, group work, workshops, and events
- Advise learners on CVs, cover letters and interviews and hold mock interviews and application form reviews
- Contribute to the development, planning and delivery of an innovative and effective cross college careers programme and guidance.
- To promote the employability of learners, including careers education within the curriculum
- Organisation of the college’s careers resource area in working in partnership with careers and curriculum leaders
- Researching and providing up to date reports that promote local and national career opportunities and local market information and keep learners and tutors informed of new developments and trends
- To provide a drop-in service and appointment service for learners
- Train staff on HE applications, UCAS, employability skills and up to date careers IAG
- Comply with any rules and regulations which the College may from time to time issue, to ensure the efficient operation of its business and the welfare and interest of its employees and learners.
- Work flexibly and efficiently to maintain the highest professional standards and to promote and implement the policies of the College.
- To ensure adherence to all College policies and procedures including Staff Code of Conduct, Safeguarding, Keeping Children Safe in Education and IT Policy and procedures.
- To work to the College quality standards and systems within the context of the College quality systems.
- To ensure continuous professional development (CPD) requirements as specified by the College and that may be identified during college processes, for example Developmental reviews.
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as are appropriate to this level of post.
- Recognised qualification in careers guidance
- Proven track record of relevant work experience.
- To work in a collaborative, partnership focused manner to ensure the careers programme and student entitlement meets the needs.
- Demonstrate excellent communications and interpersonal skills, strong planning and organisational abilities and great attention to detail.
- Proven interviewing skills and highly effective interpersonal and advocacy skills
- Ability to work flexibly with job tasks and working hours, work under little supervision and use initiative and own judgement in making decisions
- Experience in careers advice in FE/HE sector or education sector
- Level 6 Diploma in Careers Guidance and Development / QCG / DipCG qualification (parts 1 & 2) or working towards
- UCAS application process
Terms of Employment
Tenure of post: Permanent, All Year round
Hours of work: Part Time, 22 Hours over 3 days per week, 0.59 FTE
Start Date: 1st September 2022
Salary: £28,791.00 per annum pro rated part time to £17,118.97 per annum
Benefits you can Enjoy
Local Government Pension Scheme. This is an employee and employee contributory pension scheme.
Amazing range of continued professional development to support your career path including teacher training
Free onsite gym
Free Car Park on both sites and Good public transport
Wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental and financial health through our EAP.
The Henley College is an Equal Opportunities Employer. The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.
Please note - Early applications are encouraged. We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than stated should we source a suitable candidate before the closing date.
The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.