Outstanding Facilities – Outstanding Opportunities
The Orbital South Colleges Group, which consists of East Surrey College (Redhill) and John Ruskin College (Croydon), is committed to achieving excellence for all our students. Inspirational teaching and the dedication of all our staff supports the continuing growth of our student success.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and driven Careers and Employability Advisor. In this exciting role you will contribute to the implementation of the College’s strategic aims by providing a range of professional guidance and career planning services to client groups.
• Provide outstanding careers guidance, counselling and information to learners in line with the College’s formal entitlement for students. This includes KS4, Post 16, Traineeships and Apprenticeships.
• To liaise and work with outside agencies such as schools, employers and HE institutions to enhance employability, organise events e.g. career fairs and obtain first-hand information about recruitment and training which can be disseminated to colleges and learners.
• Provide workshop sessions, which may include CV writing, applications, preparing for interviews.
• Develop and identify up to date online resources for the building of job skills and apprenticeships, employment and HE progression.
• To provide a drop in service to and appointment service for learners.
• Provide workshop sessions, which may include CV writing, applications, preparing for interviews and applying for Apprenticeships, work experience or choosing a career or HE path.
• Promote development of employability skills though tutorial and curriculum units.
• To use up to date career guidance tools and processes.
• Train staff on HE applications, UCAS, employability and up to date careers IAG.
• Work to professional CDI standards and code of ethics and maintain professional currency and knowledge.
• Diploma in Careers Guidance or relevant specialist careers qualification at Level 6 (strongly preferable)
• Membership of a relevant professional body (e.g. AGCAS, CDI).
• Degree level qualifications.
• Level 2 qualification in ICT.
If this sounds like you and you will enjoy working in a forward thinking, friendly, fast paced, changing environment with state of the art facilities, we would love to hear from you. In return, we offer a competitive salary, as well as staff benefits such a choice of two excellent pension schemes, life assurance, free onsite parking and access to our fully equipped gym along with discounted in house Spa and Salon treatments.
Closing Date: 27 October 2019* (*Applications will however be shortlisted on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to interview and appoint before this closing date. We therefore encourage you to apply at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment)
Orbital South Colleges Group are committed to Equal Opportunities, encouraging applications from all sectors of the community to reflect our diverse student population. We are also committed to PREVENT and Safeguarding the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Both College Campus’ are smoke-free zones.
As part of our pre-employment checks, successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS, references will be taken and evidence of all qualifications and awards will also be required before commencement of employment. Failure to do so may lead to offers being withdrawn.
John Ruskin College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.