An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dedicated and highly organised individual to join East Leake Academy and lead on the delivery of our inspiring careers curriculum that seeks to prepare all students to confidently progress to Higher Education or a career of their choice.
The Careers Leader will provide impartial careers information, advice and guidance (CIAG) to students on subject choices and post school options and will work with school staff and external organisations to organise a calendar of high quality careers opportunities and experiences for all students, monitoring engagement and tracking student outcomes:
Job title: Careers Leader
Salary: Grade 5 - actual salary £19,100 - £21,700
Start Date: September 2019
Contract type: 37 hours per week, term time only - part time hours will be considered
Contract term: Permanent
Closing date: 17th July 2019 at 9am
To succeed in this broad and varied role, you will require excellent relationship building skills and have experience of working with young people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities. You will have proven organisational and IT skills with experience of managing multiple projects simultaneously. You will have passion for ensuring all students fulfil their potential and succeed in life after school is essential; previous experience of working as a careers advisor or in an advisory role within education is preferred but not essential.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of recruitment
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure whilst remaining calm and focused
- Ability to work on own initiative, be proactive and highly organised
- High standard of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Able to present and talk to groups at events
- Passion for working with and supporting young people
- An understanding of how to embed all eight of the Gatsby Benchmarks
- The Career Guidance and Development Level 6 Diploma would be an advantage, although support to gain this qualification thorugh an apprenticeship will be offered to the right candidate.
We seek an energetic hard working individual with an ability to motivate and inspire young people and staff around them. We are committed to the continuing professional development of all our staff and in return we offer:
- Full support and induction
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- Salary sacrifice schemes
- A strong caring ethos
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- A well-being package
- Networking opportunities across the Diverse Academies
If you would like more information about the role or have any questions please contact Tim Jackson firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the reception team on 01509852424
The Diverse Academies and its Governors are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in their care and expects everybody working for the organisation to share this commitment. To this end we actively seek DBS enhanced clearance check for everybody that is employed by us.
Please click here for the Job Description and Person Specification.