Full Time 37 hours per week
Salary Banding - £28,433 - £30,775 per annum - Depending on experience / qualifications £31,615 salary achievable after 2 years of employment
This position is based at the St Albans Campus with travel between various sites and employers in the Hertfordshire and surrounding regions; standard mileage rates will be paid.
Work Based learning are recruiting for a qualified Carpentry Assessor, this is a fantastic opportunity to pass on your skills at Further Education level and inspire the next generation. Working in a vibrant and positive learning environment, you will be responsible for assessing students who are studying Carpentry at various levels.
Suitable candidates will need to meet the following criteria:
• Hold an Assessor Award (or equivalent e.g. D32/33, A1 or TQTA) / a IQA qualification would be an advantage although training can be provided for this qualification through the College
• Must have a Level 3 Qualification in Carpentry.
• Relevant industry experience and evidence of CPD in the subject specialism where required
• Ability to travel to customer service sites on a frequent basis
Closing Date: Sunday 31st January - Early applications are advised as the advert may close before the closing date.
Interview date; TBC
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Generous Salary
• Generous annual leave – 30 days plus 8 days bank holiday
• Automatic entry into the Local government pension scheme
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
• Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory safeguarding checks.