£7.84 - £9.51 per hour (dependent upon qualifications and experience)
The post holder will work under the direction of the Animal Management Centre (AMC) Heads carrying out animal husbandry, enclosure maintenance and supervising students and volunteers on practical duties, as required. They will work with other animal professionals as part of a wider team so must be a great team player, effective communicator, be enthusiastic and committed to training our learners to a professional standard.
Candidates should be educated to at least Level 2 in a relevant qualification e.g. Animal Management or have gained the required level of knowledge themselves if exceptionally well experienced. Candidates should be able to demonstrate extensive practical experience working with a range of birds, paddock and companion animals, either working full-time for a minimum of two years, or else gained over many years with your own animal collection. A real passion for animals and helping all learners to reach their maximum potential is needed.
The post holder will be required to work as and when needed to cover staff absences, which will include weekend and Bank Holiday working. The number of work sessions required will therefore vary through the year. Applicants are asked to set out their flexibility to provide cover.
This post is to be based at the Sparsholt campus.
Closing Date: 27 January 2020
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Car Share Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Holiday entitlement of 22 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service)
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• Gym classes at the Sparsholt campus
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish and game
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check and to provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.