"Animal Antics" Party Coordinator
Bank Contract - £10.74 per hour.
Mainly Saturday and Sunday. 2 to 6 hours per week depending on party bookings
Do you have a passion for animals and parties? Us too!
Oaklands College is looking for an animal lover to join our brand new Animal Antics team.
As a Party Organiser, you will be part of a team responsible for the planning and running of the Children’s parties at the Habitat Centre in the St Albans Campus.
The role will be to set up and run the parties, which will be for children between the ages of four to twelve years old. Parties can be held throughout the year.
The successful person for the role will have a qualification in Animal care and experience and knowledge of the animals that will feature at the party – snakes, spiders, reptiles, meerkats, rabbits, guinea pigs, marmosets, lemurs, a giant tortoise and many more...!
Proven experience of working with children and being able to engage with them will also be key to the role.
The parties take place on a Saturday or Sunday. This is a ‘bank’ role and we will be looking for an individual who is happy to support the team on an adhoc basis – hours can vary between 2 to 6 hours per week, but due to the nature of party booking, this can change at the last minute.
Responsibilities also include:
• To ensure that the Habitat Centre is ready for the parties and compliant with the risk assessment.
• To be the main host of the party, clearly explaining safety procedures to children and any accompanying adults.
• To introduce and where relevant handle the animals which clear explanations about the animals.
• To educate and supervise children on how to handle animals.
• To co-ordinate the catering, ensuring all health and safety procedures are followed.
• To ensure that after the parties the habitat is clean, tidied and ready for curriculum use.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• Qualification in Animal Care
• Experience in Animal Handling
• Good knowledge of the animals that will be featured in the party
• Evidence of experience in working with children and being able to communicate effectively with them
• High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work as a team.
• The ability to work towards deadlines.
• Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
• Excellent attendance and punctuality.
Closing date Thursday 25th April at midnight.
Interviews will be Tuesday 30th April or Thursday 2nd May 2019.
WHY CHOOSE US:
Oaklands College is a Further Education College based in St Albans and Welwyn Garden City – both campuses are well connected to public transport and motorways.
We have regular feedback sessions for employees called Staff Voice that are held with the Principal and key Senior Managers and offers the opportunity for employees to discuss day to day issues around the college and provides them with insights into future plans for the college.
We hold an Investors in People Award and pride ourselves on our strong ethos of inclusion and diversity. Our college community offers opportunities to become a meaningful part of the wider community through enrichment and extra-curricular activities.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Automatic entry into the Local Government Pension Scheme.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.