The Headteacher and Governing body seek to appoint a highly motivated, enthusiastic and inspirational Teacher for our bulge class 2019.
Woodfield is a thriving and vibrant learning environment for secondary age students with learning and additional needs. Whilst the needs of the pupils are diverse some pupils present with SEMH as a secondary need associated with their diagnosis. All students are challenged to work to the very best of their ability. We know that students learn best when they feel safe, valued and can adopt a 'can do' attitude.
We can offer a friendly, supportive working environment with variety and opportunity for further professional development. We welcome candidates from Special, Primary and Secondary sector who have experience of supporting pupils with SEN.
NQTs will be considered as induction and training are provided by the school.
The successful candidate should:-
- Have experience of working with pupils with Special Educational Needs, some of whom may present with behaviour which challenges.
- Be an exceptional classroom practitioner who motivates and inspires pupils to engage and achieve.
- Have experience of delivering a broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum which enables pupils to embark upon a learning journey which meets their individual needs enabling them to reach their personal potential.
- Have high expectations of achievement and behaviour and display continued commitment to raising standards whilst meeting the very individual needs of the pupils.
- Be committed to breaking down barriers to learning and make learning fun for all.
- Be passionate about the opportunities for pupils with Learning and additional needs and be committed to inclusion.
- Work collaboratively with the wider Multidisciplinary team to develop appropriate provision for pupils within the school.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work with pupils, parents, staff and Governors and all stakeholders engaged with the school.
Closing date: 24/09/2019 noon. Interviews week beginning 30th September 2019
Woodfield School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references. Woodfield School is an equal opportunities employer.
Woodfield School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.