13 hours, Permanent
Ysgol Penmaes is a day special school that provides education for 111 pupils aged from 3 to 19 years. The school is situated in Brecon and maintained by Powys local authority. The school caters for pupils with a wide range of learning difficulties. These include severe learning difficulties (SLD), autistic spectrum disorder (ASD) and profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD). All pupils have a statement of special educational needs.
The school is committed to providing a highly individualised and inclusive education to all its pupils, with an emphasis upon meeting their individual needs and developing their strengths and interests within a supportive environment.
Pupils are looking to appoint a teacher who is:
● fair, friendly and can help them learn in different ways;
● fun and a positive role model;
● a good listener who acts on their views and tells them when they are doing well.
Governors are looking to appoint a teacher who:
● is experienced, highly committed and enthusiastic;
● is able to work effectively with pupils with a wide range of learning needs;
● is flexible, well organised, and able to confidently lead class and departmental teams and
● has a proven track record for raising standards across all areas of learning.
The Headteacher is looking to appoint a teacher who can:
● lead, develop and enhance teaching and learning in the school whilst inspiring pupils and staff.
● further develop work related education, accredited learning and post-school transition arrangements;
● monitor and evaluate pupil outcomes.
The teacher appointed will need to have substantial experience in working with pupils with a wide range of additional learning needs within specialist settings.
As part of the role the successful candidate will be expected to lead an area(s) of learning and experience (as detailed in the new Curriculum for Wales, a Curriculum for Life). Candidates should clearly note their areas of strength in their letter of application.
The supporting letter of application must address all of the essential criteria, as detailed in the person specification.
Ysgol Penmaes is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.