Class Teacher - Rogerstone Primary School
The children, staff and Governors of Rogerstone Primary School are seeking to appoint an exceptional teacher, who is energetic, innovative and articulate.
Start date: 05.04.2021
Salary: TMS, M2 - UPS 3 & SEN Allowance (to be agreed) £27,018 - £41,604
We are committed to appointing a teacher who:
- Has a genuine commitment and enthusiasm for teaching and learning
- Has a track record in delivering successful outcomes for students
- Has knowledge of ASD specific strategies including TEACCH and PECS
- Has confidence and determination
- Is forward thinking, imaginative and visionary, and able to develop a caring, nurturing learning environment.
- Is able to build a relationship of mutual respect with the pupils, parents, staff and the Governing Body
- Will develop our commitment to working positively with parents, carers, the local authority and outside agencies
- Shares specialist best practice with other specialist and mainstream settings and outside agencies
- Demonstrates and promotes excellence, equality and high expectations for all
- Has excellent organisational and communication skills
We can offer:
- Enthusiastic children who enjoy learning
- Supportive parents and governors
- A welcoming, caring school with a positive ethos, where pupils feel safe
- Opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Lots of hard work and fun
- A well-resourced school with extensive grounds for outdoor learning
This post is exempt from Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and is subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
THIS POST REQUIRES YOU TO BE REGISTERED WITH THE EWC.
Closing Date for Applications: Tuesday 1st December 2020
Shortlisting: Friday 4th December 2020 (shortlisted candidates will be required to teach a lesson at the school during week commencing Monday 7th December 2020)
Interviews provisionally scheduled for the afternoons of Wednesday 16th December 2020 and Thursday 17th December 2020
CLOSING DATE EXTENDED SO PREVIOUS APPLICANTS DO NOT NEED TO REAPPLY.
We are legally obliged to ask you to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK. If you are invited to interview, you will be asked to provide appropriate documents such as your full birth certificate/passport/work permit in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.
We welcome applications for all our jobs in either Welsh or English
Newport City Council is committed to working towards its workforce being more representative of the population that we serve and particularly welcomes applications from people from the minority ethnic communities represented (or living) in the city. Selection will be made on ability and skills to undertake the role.
Our values – Courageous, Positive and Responsible
Ein gwerthoedd – Dewr, Cadarnhaol, Cyfrifol
Newport City Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.