The Court School
Post Ref: ED50055177
Job Title: Temporary Class Teacher, (one academic year)
Grade: MPS/UPS + 1 x SEN point
Hours: Full Time
Required to start ASAP
The Governing Body are seeking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational classroom practitioner for the Court Special School. This position will be full time and temporary for one academic year.
The Court Special School is a successful special school for pupils aged 4-11 with a primary need of Behavioural, Emotional and Social Difficulties (BESD).
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of working with pupils who display distressed behaviours and/or Additional Learning Needs (ALN) OR can demonstrate a willingness to work with the most challenging pupils/has an outstanding track record in relation to learning and teaching in their classroom. This post might be suitable for an exceptional NQT.
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner who inspires vulnerable children to achieve their full potential.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills to work effectively in partnership with parents, staff, governors and outside agencies.
- Demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively as an effective team member.
- Have high expectations of achievement and a commitment to raising standards.
- Have the ability to lead and manage an Area of Learning.
This is a challenging but very rewarding position. We offer excellent CPD opportunities including training within the school and short/long term courses outside of the school. If you would like to discuss this exciting opportunity, please contact the Headteacher – Mr Jamyn Beesley
Due to the current COVID -19 circumstances the interview process for this role maybe held on a virtual basis using an appropriate online platform. If you have any concerns around your ability to participate in a virtual interview process please contact the school for a discussion.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.