Full time and part time Cleaners are required to support the Estates and Facilities team in providing an efficient cleaning service to the School.
Previous experience of working in a similar role is an advantage, but not essential as training can be given while in post. Employee benefits include school bus travel (dependent on location) and meals whilst at work.
Full details including a job description and application form should be obtained from our website or by contacting the HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reed’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Each cleaner will be given a designated area to clean and will incorporate some of the following;
On a daily basis;
- clean desks/tables/benches and work surfaces
- check and reposition chairs and tables where required empty bins
- vacuum/sweep/mop as appropriate
- clean marks off of walls/doors and wipe door handles and surrounding area
- clean internal glass in doors/mirrors and clean internal and external glass on external doors
- report any damage or necessary repairs to the Cleaning Supervisor
- clean all bathrooms, toilets and wet areas (including the sports complex and swimming pool)
- clean all kitchen areas
- clean changing rooms within the sports complex and swimming pool.
On a Weekly basis;
- dust skirting boards and window ledges
- mop hard floors
- check and clean behind doors
- clean brass
- descale taps, hand basins, baths and shower units
- clean microwaves in the kitchen areas
During School Holidays;
- full check behind and underneath bedroom furniture in the boarding houses
- clean clothes washing bins
- clean all cookers within kitchen areas
- defrost and clean the inside and surrounding areas of refrigerators within kitchen areas
- clean all cupboards within kitchen areas
- Remove spillages promptly and efficiently where required.
- Ensure that areas which have been cleaned are secured upon leaving when directed to do so by the Cleaning Supervisor.
- Attend Health and Safety training and follow Safe Systems of Work when using cleaning equipment.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment as directed and follow COSHH guidance when using cleaning chemicals and substances.
- Undertake such other comparable duties as the Cleaning Supervisor or Estates and Facilities Director requires from time to time.
Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young persons with whom you come into contact.