The Finance Department is looking for a highly motivated and proactive qualified accountant to fill the role of the College Accountant.
You will be responsible for preparing the colleges management accounts including financial analysis as and when required by the Director of Finance. The college accountant will also oversee and line manage the financial services team which includes 2 senior finance officers and 3 finance officers.
Main areas of responsibility will include:
- To oversee the production of the monthly management accounts including the outturn forecast and variance analysis
- To be responsible for the monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- To be responsible for delegated cost centres and assist budget holders to manage those cost centres.
- To prepare the annual budgets with the management accounts team
- To demonstrate a thorough understanding of how the Finance Functions operate, along with a thorough understanding of rationale behind key financial controls
- To manage tasks and projects carried out by more junior members of the Finance Directorate as required
You will have to be a qualified accountant and communicate and cooperate effectively with other members of the Finance Directorate, working at all times to deliver departmental priorities as notified by the Director of Finance.
The closing date for applications is Friday 31 January 2020.
The successful candidate will join the Finance Department, reporting to Nidha Patel.
WHC Group is positive about disabled people. If you need help applying for this role, please contact the Human Resources department.
Please see attached documents.