College Development Unit Administrator
Up to £9,950 per annum
18.5 hours a week, fixed term until 31/12/2020
We are looking to recruit a CDU Administrator who will work within our Learning and Development Centre. You will be the first point of contact for staff and students into the centre and will be the “go-to” for any questions people may have.
You’ll be a confident communicator, able to liaise with both students and staff, as well as highly organised, able to juggle competing priorities and really enjoy connecting with a wide range of people.
We are incredibly excited to be progressing a merger with New College, Swindon from August 2020 which will extend the opportunities for both our learners and staff cohort. It’s a great time to join us!
In this role you will:
• Provide Office365 support within the Learning and Development Centre to staff and students.
• Contribute to the effective operation of the Learning & Development Centre including support for College software such as eTrackr, SmartAssessor and Moodle.
• Support the CDU Manager to effectively and efficiently deliver training to staff and students.
Qualifications and Experience required:
• Level 2 English and Maths (or equivalent)
• Excellent organisation skills and an eye for detail
• Confident and experienced communicator
About Swindon College
Our top priority currently is the wellbeing of our community. We are monitoring the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and are continuing to follow the latest Government advice. To keep everyone as safe as possible, we have adjusted our recruitment process so all face-to-face interviews or assessments will now be conducted via conference video.
We will undertake an initial screening interview with you to help explain the role, our two main campus sites and to assess your potential fit.
Please be aware that initially, in the main this role will require some working from home but we’ll make sure you stay connected through and beyond your induction, via regular video team meetings and through access to any support you may need from day one.
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Competitive annual leave allowance
• Wellbeing and Lifestyle support including access to our market leading Employee Benefits Platform,
• (Post Lockdown) On-site parking and subsidised restaurants, Costa & Starbucks!
Closing date: 27th August 2020
An Application Form must be submitted if you wish to be considered for this post. Please note this vacancy may close sooner if sufficient applications have been received so please apply as soon as possible.
Both Swindon College and New College, Swindon are committed to embedding a culture which values diversity and ensures equality of opportunity. This will continue as we merge. We take our safeguarding responsibilities seriously and promote the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff, applicants and customers to share this commitment. This role is likely to involve some working with under 18’s and/or vulnerable adults. Any appointment will be made subject to strict vetting and screening checks and our receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Swindon College is committed to the advancement of Equality of Opportunity (ensuring everyone is treated fairly), the elimination of discrimination and the safeguarding and welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We welcome applications from all sections of the community