Teacher of Computer Science
Full Time Permanent Position
1st September 2020
Salary range: MPS (NQTs welcome to apply)
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a talented and dynamic team in our ‘Outstanding School’ (Ofsted May 2017). Chipping Campden School is a mixed comprehensive, 11-19 converter academy, with an enviable reputation. The Computer Science Department currently comprises 2 specialist teachers who teach across KS3, KS4 and KS5.
The department offers discreet Computer Science lessons which incorporate Digital Literacy to all of KS3 as well as the option of GCSE Computer Science at KS4 and A Level Computer Science or Cambridge Technicals Level 3 in Information Technology at KS5. From September 2020 we will also be offering Cambridge National Level 2 in Creative iMedia as an option at KS4.
Our staff are well qualified, talented and dedicated professionals. Our teachers are specialists in their subject areas and are supported by a senior leadership team, which consists of the Principal, two Vice Principals and five Assistant Principals (including SENDco). Each faculty area has a Director of Learning and Associate Heads of Faculty for English, Mathematics and Science.
What we are looking for
We are seeking a passionate and innovative specialist teacher (NQT or experienced) who is proactive in continually developing their practice. The successful candidate will join our supportive and committed team and teach across the age and ability range, with the possibility of teaching some KS5 and be able to demonstrate:
• Experience of teaching Computer Science and Digital Literacy at KS3 and KS4
• Suitably qualified with a degree in a Computer Science based field
• Familiarity with GCSE OCR Computer Science (9-1) or Cambridge Nationals Creative iMedia
• Programming experience in a higher-level programming language such as Python
• Wider knowledge of current educational issues
• Creativity in using new technologies or teaching practices to help students learn and make progress
Why work with us?
We are continually developing and improving our facilities. During recent years, the school has enjoyed major improvements to its fabric the most recent of which has been an additional science block, additional classrooms and extended Sixth Form. We have extensive playing fields and recreation areas and a full size floodlit artificial grass hockey and football pitch. Most of our classrooms are equipped with interactive TV screens, Wi-Fi and AppleTVs. In order to support the use of technology to enhance learning in the classroom, teachers are issued with an iPad and students are encouraged to participate in our community iPad scheme.
Additional Staff Benefits
• Free on site gym and swimming pool
• Teachers’ Pension scheme membership
• Car lease and cycle to work scheme
• Health and wellbeing support including access to confidential support services
• Meals - freshly prepared and cooked on site
Full details about our school can be found on our school website by clicking on school information/work here/vacancies for an application form and full details. Please refer to the Computer Science Department Information for further useful contact. The closing date for receipt of applications is 10am on Thursday 9th January 2020 with interviews on 14th January 2020.
Chipping Campden School is committed to equality of opportunity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people