Are you an experienced IT Teacher or Technician looking for a new challenge?
Have you always wanted to live and work within an area of natural beauty with vibrant culture, and a fantastic creative community?
Consistently ranked in the top five percent of UK Colleges for student success rates (16-18), Kendal College is seeking a motivated and knowledgeable Computing Lecturer to join our outstanding STEM team.
You will provide inspirational support and guidance to students on our wide variety of IT and Computing courses, taking the lead on modules related to hardware construction, maintenance and repair. There is also the potential for you to support our software and game design courses, should you have the requisite skills.
The role is 0.5 fte in the first instance, but has the potential to be larger for the right candidate.
WHY CHOOSE US?
Set within the breathtaking UNESCO World Heritage site of the Lake District, Kendal College is a FE College that consistently punches above its weight on the national stage. Under the leadership of our new Principal, Kendal College is embarking on a series of bold steps to grow the College and remain a top-notch education provider for Cumbria and the North West region.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside outstanding teachers, to observe and share practice on a regular basis, developing your skills and knowledge throughout your career with us. We pride ourselves on our strong ethos of inclusion, diversity and our investment in the potential of our staff members. The College recognises the wellbeing of its staff as a priority, as well as ensuring that excellent work is appropriately recognised and that a healthy work-life balance is maintained.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Salary of £24,361 to £30,865 full time equivalent depending upon qualifications and experience.
- A generous holiday entitlement (full-time Lecturer allocation of 42 days per year)
- 5 efficiency days per year in addition to your hard-earned holiday allocation.
- A College that is committed to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- Collaborative working within our departments and campuses to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop.
- A College that promotes and supports flexible working
- On-site canteens with locally sourced ingredients.
- A Cycle to Work scheme and discounted gym membership.
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students without limitations.
- A comprehensive Staff awards, rewards and Wellbeing scheme
- At least a Level 3 qualification in a related discipline (Computing/ICT preferred)
- Vocational experience of building, maintaining and repairing IT hardware.
- English and Maths at Level 2 (GCSE A* to C or equivalent)
Teaching experience is desirable, we are looking for someone with the confidence to share their experience and knowledge with our students and would provide support for gaining a formal teaching qualification alongside your work with us.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A clear passion for computing and a willingness to use it to inspire our students.
- High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work as a team.
- The ability to work towards deadlines.
- The ability to motivate our students to reach their potential.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
Potential candidates for this role are warmly invited to visit the College or to contact the Head of Department for an informal conversation.
Kendal College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.