The opportunity to teach at an Alternative Learning Provision Academy has arisen. Haymans Academy is based in Bristol and is initially taking 20 students annually to develop into fully qualified and highly skilled labourers in the construction and property maintenance field. This position requires a highly motivated, driven, and energetic teacher with strong communication and presentation skills and effective classroom management. At Haymans Academy, we believe providing aspirational and outstanding teaching is vital to inspiring the next generation in the trade industry. As such, we are looking for a qualified trade professional who is keen to share their extensive knowledge and expert skills with young adults aged 16+. They will be expected to support Haymans Academy's aims and objectives for teaching and learning, as well as adhere to all Haymans Academy policies and procedures.
- Teach across all levels and abilities
- Level 3 Construction (or equivalent) NVQ
- Relevant Teaching Qualifications
- Have prior experience teaching multi-skilled work (plumbing, electrician, construction, painting and decorating)
- Be comfortable working with groups of up to 20 students (with TAs present)
- Have a positive work ethic, be open minded and enthusiastic about educating and inspiring young minds
- Be willing to contribute to our innovative curriculum development and delivery
- Have prior experience developing lesson plans
- Have a thorough understanding of Health and Safety
- Have a good understanding of Safeguarding practises
Preferred, but not essential, experience:
- Work in a PRU, ALP or within SEN educational environments
- Understanding of different classroom management practises
- Mixed approach to teaching methods
- First aid qualification
An enhanced DBS check will be required, as well as checks to ascertain qualification validity, right to work, prohibition from teaching check and an identity check.
BiiiG Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.