Craven College is an aspirational College set in friendly and inclusive rural campuses in Skipton within the beautiful Yorkshire Dales, at The Aviation Academy based airside at Leeds Bradford Airport and at Evolve in the heart of Ripon. We are a Good College (Ofsted 2018) and offer full-time courses for 16-18 year olds, outstanding apprenticeships, courses for young people with special educational needs, part-time courses and degree level courses with a mission statement of ‘enriching lives through learning’. Tyro Training is our commercial training division which offers a wide range of training courses for both individuals and businesses in Skipton.
We continuously invest in our excellent, industry standard facilities with a new £1.6m purpose-built Animal Management Centre on our Aireville Campus to be followed in 2021 by the construction of new equestrian facilities including an international sized arena and outdoor warm up area.
We are currently seeking to employ a motivated Construction Technician to help support the delivery of the carpentry and joinery curriculum at the centre for construction situated on both the Aireville campus and Auction Mart campus; maintaining, organising and servicing fixed plant/machinery/tools and equipment; and to provide an efficient and effective learning and technical support service.
Duties will include preparing workshop tools and equipment ready for practical sessions, preparing requests prior to practical sessions as requested in advance by the tutors, providing technical assistance and support to lecturers when demonstrating practical activities, preparing timber using woodworking machines to various specifications, supervising and managing learners in a workshop-based environment, assisting with the security and storage of instruments, materials and equipment and ensuring that workshops, machinery, tools and equipment are maintained and kept clean, safe and tidy.
• Either a carpentry and joinery qualification at level 2, or a wood machining qualification at level 2
• Relevant experience of Carpentry and Joinery;
• Knowledge of building materials and disposal;
• Up to date IT skills to be able to process orders and respond to requests via email;
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic;
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels and with young learners and apprentices;
• Ability to work in a team and with students with a wide range of abilities and needs;
• Ability to work on own initiative;
• Knowledge and experience in relation to stock control and inventory;
• Practical knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and safe practice;
• Experience of carrying out necessary repairs and servicing
• Ability to work flexibly around the needs of the College;
• Full driving licence and access to an appropriately insured vehicle
• Qualified First Aider or willing to work towards qualification
This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly college in North Yorkshire with fantastic facilities, excellent CPD opportunities and a great working and learning environment.
A disclosure check with the Disclosure & Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
We’re committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For further information including a full job description and to apply, please visit our website
If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date on this occasion you have not been shortlisted. However please feel free to apply for futures roles as appropriate.
Craven College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.