Trans4m are looking to recruit a motivated Construction Tutor/Assessor for their training provision located on the edge of the City of Leicester. The ideal candidate will hold a basic teaching qualification, qualified to assess and internally verify level 1 multi skills in construction.
The role will require planning schemes of work and lesson plans that will actively stimulate and challenge students in an enjoyable and supportive environment. The tutor will be required to plan delivery, teach and assess, tracking and reviewing progress to ensure the student will successfully learn the skills in order to achieve the qualification, you will also be expected to complete student reports. As a small member of a team of three construction tutors you may be required to internally verify other assessors work.
Duties include but not limited to;
- Deliver engaging, effective and innovative group training sessions to students, including inductions
- Teaching duties include the appropriate preparation of learning materials, the preparation and maintenance of student and course records, the assessment of students and their work
- Contribute to the delivery of embedded functional skills for students within the area
- Manager students and their individual learning plans, closely monitor and review progress
- Conduct & use initial assessment effectively and set students appropriate, but challenging, targets and goals
- Sell and upsell construction services
- Assist in controlling spending costs by periodically researching all regular overhead items and new needs. This especially applies to all supply types and may include shopping for such items
Trans4m work with vulnerable and disadvantaged individuals mainly 14-24 year olds, engaging and retaining students to develop basic vocational skills along with life-skills to progress positively into further learning or employment.
We are a small provider with approximately 120 young people enrolled on programmes with us during an academic year in a variety of different vocational areas that include construction, hair and beauty, catering, health and social care and maths and English.
The construction department delivers basic multi skills in painting & decorating, carpentry & joinery and bricklaying. The ideal candidate will be competent in basic skills in each of the areas but with a level 3 in one of the skill areas.
Permanent, 37.5-hour term time only or full time to be discussed
Salary Range £25 – £30k dependent upon experience
Start date – Immediate start
Application deadline - 27th September 2019
Trans4m Leicester CIC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.